Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Random Thoughts

I teach my students that it is important to craft their writing in a coherent, organized way. However, today I divert from my own teaching and share random thoughts. Most likely due to interrupted sleep, here goes:
  • I adore holding our sweet boy and gazing at his toes, big blue eyes, and fuzzy hair. I like how he holds onto my fingers. It calms my soul to snuggle with him. He is precious.
  • Nearly everyone who has seen him from church says the same type of thing: "Wow - does he look like his siblings/no one will accuse you of taking a child from the hospital/etc.!" As I look at him, it is "deja vu" to holding the others...genetics are amazing.
  • Happy Birthday to my brother Paul! We all like him. Paul is talented (music and handyman, specifically), puts on no pretenses-is always himself, is a giving, generous person, and makes us smile!!!
  • Two doctor's visits (one for me, one for Aaron) today plus quick stops to Wal-Mart and Sam's Club tuckered this Momma out. My energy level is not 'normal' yet. The good news - Aaron was 9 3/4 lbs today and Dr said he is "just great" in every way!
  • Thankfully, my Wal-Mart experience was the best I've had there in a while. (i.e. the checkout wasn't painfully slow and long). I really do NOT enjoy Wal-Mart, due to the aforementioned checkout process. It seems like every time I'm there it takes at least twice as long as Meijers or Target, my preferred stores. Today I was in and out. I do enjoy the Muskegon store much more than Alpine.
  • I have been reminded how making a meal for others is a true ministry. We have eaten healthier and better because of friends helping us. I can't describe how helpful it's been!
  • Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say, "Rejoice!"
  • Is "thumping" from above (upstairs) a bad sign when you've put the children to bed for the night? I'm not sensing a lot of sleep happening at this point.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, I don't think the thumping is a good sign. Reminds me of the days when my kids were little and made many thumps of their own. Now they make louder thumps and bedtime is much later. I enjoyed them this evening though. They are so much fun and I love to laugh with them. Jonathan's fourteenth birthday was yesterday and we had such a great time. The time goes so quickly, I'm glad to hear you are enjoying Aaron and he is ministering to you. He is a sweet, peaceful little guy. I'm glad all is well. I totally agree about Walmart. I avoid the alpine store if at all possible. I enjoy reading your thoughts, random or otherwise. I love all the pictures of the kids. They are incredibly cute! Keep holding that baby and rest whenever you can. It does take a bit longer with number four....I can't imagine why?! Your family is precious and I'm blessed to be a part of your lives. Love you all,
Tracie

Glidewell Family said...

All we have to shop at, is the Super Walmart stores they do improve the farther south you go. One exception is there bathrooms! I haven't found one that has a Pleasant bathroom yet.

Anonymous said...

Mom and I were looking at this blog and we like it a lot.