Thursday, March 13, 2008

Going, Going,

"The last three!!!"
"The Gummy Bears Until Our Baby Is Born"
"Read my shirt!!"

"Read my shirt, too!" - Robyn
And, "This hospital bed is FUN, Mommy!"

. . . GONE!

Many of you know that last summer we started the "gummy bear a day" habit in our family. We counted out how many days until the end of February and multiplied by three. Each day, Nathan, Robyn, and Seth got to choose a gummy bear and one (or more) of them would pray for the baby and Mommy. Yesterday Ken talked with the kids and asked what we should do after we have prayed for something. We then prayed and thanked God for answering our prayers!

Well, it's taken me three or more days to download the pictures and write the above paragraph...glad I'm not attempting to write a book. Aaron is a sweetheart and is doing very well. He eats well and has been sleeping well at night - especially for being so young! His siblings enjoy holding him and Seth wants to wear his "I'm a Big Brother" shirt every day. Robyn is a helper; loves to help with anything baby. Tonight Ken, my Dad, Robyn, and Seth went to visit the new church for a time. It was charming to watch Nathan (a somewhat reserved fella) hold Aaron for a good 10-15 minutes and sing to him, talk to him, tell him a story, etc. I was quietly trying to get to the video camera, but knew he would stop if he saw me, so I tucked it in my heart's memory. It was fun to have my Dad here - he loves to play games with the kids and makes them (all of us) laugh. Once again, our new home just "fits" company so well (even one extra person) . . . someone asked Ken recently when it felt like "home" to us. He answered, "Pretty much the second day we were here," which is so true!

On another note, I wanted to return to the Ladies Bible Study at church (haven't been able to go this year, as my teaching schedule changed), but was tired and weary Wed night. I prayed and shared with God that I wanted to go, but I would have to have a decent night's sleep to feel well enough to go. For the first time, Aaron went 6 - that's SIX - hours between feedings! WOW!!! So, I was able to go to Bible Study this AM and it was encouraging and challenging. The book they're doing is called Having a Mary Spirit by Joanna Weaver, also the author of Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World. The chapter I read was so good and convicting I think I could read the books three times in a row and get lots out of it each time! If you're looking for a good study, our ladies definitely recommend these. I look forward to gleaning from her writing, especially as she is also a pastor's wife.

Will try to write more faithfully...as time allows! Will also post some great pictures Amy took - when I figure out how to get them downloaded to blog. We sure are enjoying our boy and family. God is gracious.

2 comments:

Amanda Gail Miller said...

First of all the pictures are priceless! That is such a neat idea. I'm glad I came across your blog - this one especially. I've been thinking about Ladies Bible Study (again).. and its so tough for me because I have a hard time doing anything if it doesn't involve my girls.. however I keep thinking to myself.. but ok.. IF I went this would help in and in return help them.. right?? I also have been wanting to go to Church more and try to learn more so I can teach my girls more about God. I wasn't raised that way so it's hard for me - but lately that's all I can think about - is wanting the Girls to know HIM!

Well I'm glad to hear your family is doing well.

Take Care - Amanda

Anonymous said...

Cute photos, nice cousins,we miss you so much. - Josh Panaggio