. . . and can you feel the energy emanating from our home?!?! We have excited kiddos eager for Christmas to arrive! Robyn's class is singing a few songs in the morning service tomorrow, and she asks frequently when her "Christmas show" takes place. Nathan has made a present at school that he has carefully stashed under the tree. Seth knows there are things in the stockings and it's a good thing they are stored much higher than he can climb or reach! Ken has had a brainstorm and is happy and secretive about the gifts he picked out for me. Unfortunately, he already knows what all his gifts are from me...but I know he'll like and use them. We're headed to Mom and Dad V's on Monday to gather with the crew - three of the six kids will be there. Then to my Dad and Char's Tuesday late AM to enjoy time with the Richards' gang. I heard recently that people remember the memories and joy surrounding Christmas much more than gifts received. We look forward to church tomorrow focusing on the true reason for this season.
And...though it's certainly been an enjoyable season, the "same old" tasks don't go away. I just finished vacuuming the house....and wow am I enjoying my new vacuum cleaner. We purchased it a few months ago as a replacement for our old Hoover, which was given to us USED 11 years ago. Suffice to say I was not sad when it broke and was not worth fixing! We checked out Consumers Reports and purchased one of their "Best Buys" from Sears. It has been great and I LOVE the attached attachments - just got in every crevice, corner, wall, etc., and it feels good to get all that out of our house. Whew - that was a workout for this pregnant gal - up, down, up, down, all around - I could have been doing an aerobics video!
I'm now 31 weeks along and all is well - had blood work done a few weeks ago and my iron count was low (slightly anemic). I'm now on iron pills and I think it has helped me have more energy. Blood pressure was good last week at my appt. We pray it will stay in check from here on out. In the GR Press today there was an article about a woman in MI who was admitted to the hospital at 7 months due to pre-eclampsia. She was having some issues, so they decided to do a C-section at 29 weeks. Right after she gave birth to the triplets she went unconscious and died - they think from pre-eclamptic complications. How very, very sad for those babies and that family. We are grateful all has gone thus far and pray my health and our baby's health continues to stay good.
Ken and I were discussing baby names last night - using our brains and the Internet as our resource for ideas, meanings of names, etc. We have a girl name picked out (same one we had if Seth had been a girl), but are working on the boy names. If you'd like to comment with an idea or two, all ideas are welcomed!
School's out for Christmas break - a full two weeks this time! Ken has some vacation time he is using as well...we look forward to relaxed family times. Is packing to move relaxing?
Will post some pictures of Christmas fun soon! Merry CHRISTmas to you and yours.
1 comment:
Hey Congratulations on the expected little one. We didn't know and are to excited!!!!
PS. On my computer your blog was stuck on Thanksgiving for the longest time. I was going to e-mail you and ask if any thing was wrong. Then you posted a comment and Ace bounced to your blog thru your comment and seen that you had been blogging all along. So now I am catching up on your life.
Post a Comment