Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Camping Take Two!

We're heading out again! The pop-up was great last time, so we're trying it again. This time we're headed up to Mackinaw City to a nice campground recommended by a friend. I looked online for a few recipe ideas (things you can cook in foil over the fire). As I looked, I found some good ideas - and also a link for 'Make Your Own Baby Food While Camping.' Aaron's not eating solid food yet, but that one cracked me up!! As if this mom of four would want directions for making my own baby food WHILE CAMPING (remember my mom in law's quote? "All the work of home with none of the conveniences." :) I'm ready for the dirt and all this time!!

Thought that was a good one! We're all eager to go on this trip - it will be nice to be further from home, and we'll do some hanging out at the campground enjoying the view, the beach, and the heated pool, and we'll also do some sightseeing - a day trip to Tahquamenon's Upper and Lower Falls, etc.

Back to packing! My enthusiastic helper Robyn keeps asking me, "Now what food?" as I write this and then she scurries around the kitchen getting the items! Ken told me this morning he'd like to leave by 8:00 AM Thursday Yikes! :)

p.s. I added pics of our Maxine's experience - look at previous post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a brave woman!! Have a good time- you deserve a break...(at least it is from a 'normal' routine.)
Lori:)

I have been enjoying your pictures too:) Your kids are too sweet!