Saturday, November 17, 2007

Another Conversation

The last conversation and post was so enjoyable I thought I'd try it again! Here's round 2 for you:

What's your favorite thing to drink?
Nathan - chocolate milk
Robyn - chocolate milk
Seth - apple cider

What is something we can thank God for?
R: that Seffy feels better
N: that Daddy goes to work
S: for me feel better soon

What is something God made?
R: a rainbow and a tiger
S: Roar! And a twee.
N: an animal and a squirrel
R: and people
S: Where is the chipmunk?

How can you tell if two people are married?
R: Mommy and Daddy
S: Umm-cousins!
N: 'cause they stay more together than with other people

If it's a boy, what should we name our baby?
S: No, a girl!
R: Baby Joseph or Jerry
N: Smart Cookie or perhaps, maybe Timmy, but I like Smart Cookie more!

How about if our baby is a girl?
S: Sam "Sam?" Yeah, Sam!"
N: Julie
R: Flower

What color hair do want the baby to have?
R: Umm - black
S: Ummm - blue
N: Black
Mommy: Blonde!
Daddy: BROWN!!!!!

What color eyes do you hope the baby has?
R: blonde
S: Ummm, ummm - black eyes
N: Green
Mommy: Blue
Daddy: BROWN!!!

How much do you think the baby will weigh?
S: ummm - I don't know
R: like 6 lbs.
N: 2 lbs.

You're welcome to comment/email me suggestions for future questions.... :)

This week we are particularly grateful for good doctors and antibiotics. Our Seth suffered from high fevers (103 to 104 in the mornings) for five days, along with a barky cough. The fevers did come down with ibuprofen, but he was rather miserable. The Dr. first thought he had RSV, but when it was still high on Monday morning I called the Dr. back and asked if it could possibly be anything else. We were headed to Muskegon on Monday afternoon (where Dr. is) and he said they would fit us in. He put Seth on an antibiotic, not knowing for sure what it was but "obviously this is more than a bad cold." To be on the safe side, he had us get Seth a chest x-ray. We began his antibiotics on Monday evening and by Tuesday he was already perking up. On Wednesday morning he woke up with NO FEVER! Praise God! Dr. Watkins called and let us know the chest x-ray showed Seth had pneumonia and wondered how he was doing. He told us he could have "sedate activity" through the weekend. He is doing much better and is almost back to being himself.

I have new empathy for those whose children suffer from continuous illness or disease. I felt helpless with sweet Seth and wanted to HELP him in some way more than holding him, though I did love that. It was concerning to see him so lethargic and opposite from his normal energetic self. I also have new empathy for single parents. Ken and Nathan were gone on a "Prime Timers" trip to Kentucky (visiting new Creation Museum and other sites in OH and KY) from Thursday-Saturday, and it was a long haul on the homefront. Robyn was a loving big sister, getting Seth his juice, blankie, etc. (Mom - "But please don't kiss Seth" and "Can you wash your hands?") She was patient and understanding when we couldn't do the special things I told her we would do while Daddy and Nathan were gone. She is looking forward to being a helper with her new brother or sister.

In this time of Thanksgiving, I have renewed appreciation for "simply" feeling well and being privileged to experience good health. Thank you, Lord, for energy and good health in myself, Ken, each of our children, our extended family members, friends, etc. I am sorry I take that for granted. I pray for those who suffer from illness, especially our dear friend, Amy.

I'm not sure who my blog readers are. I would encourage you to express your praise and thanksgiving to our Almighty God for the health and energy that you and those you love possess! And would you, with us, pray for healing for our friend Amy?

Blessings to you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Rhonda, Thanks for sharing another glimpse of life at Ken and Rhonda's... I am glad that Seth is feeling better. Sorry you have to handle it on your own. It is really encouraging to read your letters as well as nostalgic because it reminds me of the days when my kids were still little and innocent. I wish I could be a little bird and watch all the good times roll at your house. Thanks for the glimpses. KMP

feather said...

I actually found Amy's blog through yours & plan on trying to keep up with it and keep everyone prayed for. She is such a nice person. She hardly knew me & was nice enough to donate some pans for me to cook in at college. I miss all the familiar faces in KC. I especially miss being in your Choir. I still have that list of comments from everybody, on my dresser. Thank you for everything & I am SO glad to be back in contact with you & sorry it didn't happen sooner.